Proposed strike by Medical Services on September 19 and 20 withdrawn.

Chandigarh, Sept 16 – Haryana Civil Medical Services Association has announced to withdraw its proposed strike on September 19 and 20 and has urged all doctors in the State to continue their routine work.
A decision to this effect was taken after their meeting with Health Minister, Mr. Anil Vij here today.
While stating this, Mr. Vij said that the withdrawal of strike by the Association would ensure uninterrupted health services to the people. The meeting was held in a cordial atmosphere.
He said that all the genuine demands of the Association had been accepted in principle and these would be fulfilled at the earliest. The demands included raising the retirement age of doctors to 65 years and increasing the postmortem allowance of doctors from Rs 10 to Rs 1,000 and of Class IV employees from Rs 1 to Rs 500.
Mr. Vij said that demands to bring about changes in new PG policy, giving promotion after 10 years of recruitment of doctors by creating new posts and separate cadre of doctors on the basis of their specialization, would also be met.

Share