Health Department of Chandigarh Administration issued advisory in the larger interest of public in view of the severe air pollution in the city:
Chandigarh 10th November 2017: In view of the severe air pollution in the city as reported by the Chandigarh Pollution Control Committee as also the advisory issued by the Union Health Ministry, Health Department of Chandigarh Administration issues the following advisory in the larger interest of public:
1. Remain indoors if you have breathing difficulty and try to keep children indoors as much as possible.
2. Avoid morning walk or any other strenuous outdoor activity that increases breathing rate
3. Drink plenty of water and fluids
4. Avoid smoking.
5. Minimize the use of deodorants and room sprays as much as possible.
6. Avoid the areas with smoke or heavy dust.
7. If you have any heart ailments or chronic respiratory disease or asthma, continue your medication as advised by physician
8. In case of any difficulty in breathing, increase in breathing rate, palpitations or severe bout of coughing and/or sneezing consult for medical assistance.