Prevention & Control of Dengue.
Chandigarh, October 19, 2015: With the onset of Dengue season, the Malaria Wing of Health Department Chandigarh Administration further stepped up the enforcement along with Field activities forTotal 529 residents of UT-Chandigarh have been diagnosed for dengue fever at various laboratories including Depar Prevention & Control of Dengue. tment of Virology, PGIMER Chandigarh, Department of Microbiology, GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and District Priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital Manimajra.
Following ongoing actions have been geared up:
1. Establishment of Dengue Helpline Number: 9779558282
2. Focal Fogging operation in affected areas has been intensified.
3. Today fogging has been done in Sector-22, Sector-23 and Sector-34 Chandigarh.
4. Free Dengue testing facility is available at Department of Virology, PGIMER Chandigarh, Department of Microbiology GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and District Priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital Manimajra.
5. Six Notices have been issued in Makhanmajra, Maulijagran and Daria Chandigarh where breeding of dengue larvae was found
The residents of Chandigarh are requested to take following precautionary measures to prevent the spread of Malaria and Dengue.
Do’s & Don’ts for prevention & Control of Malaria & Dengue
Ø Do not allow water to stagnate in and around your houses.
Ø Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week.
Ø Always keep house top tank properly covered.
Ø Do not throw discarded containers, tyres, pitchers and pots on the roof top.
Ø Do not wear clothes that expose arms & legs.
Ø Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents while sleeping.
Ø Avoid the use of Aspirin for Fever and Body Ache during dengue season