Chandigarh Administration has geared up Health Department to Control of Dengue
Chandigarh 18 September, 2015: With the onset of Dengue season, the Malaria Wing of Health Department Chandigarh Administration has geared up Field activities for Prevention & Control of Dengue. Total 100 residents of UT- Chandigarh have been diagnosed as dengue fever at various laboratories including Department of Virology, PGIMER Chandigarh, Department of Microbiology, GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and District Priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital Manimajra.
Following ongoing actions have been geared up:
1. Deployment of 50 number of Teams for checking of Coolers, Containers and other mosquitogenic points.
2. To educate and involvement of School Teachers and students, Dengue cards have been distributed to students of Class 6th & 7th
3. Focal Fogging operation in affected areas has been intensified.
4. Today fogging has been done in Hallomajara, Behlana, Mauli Jagran Colony and Sector-40, Chandigarh.
5. Free Dengue testing facility is available at Department of Virology, PGIMER Chandigarh, Department of Microbiology GMCH-32, GMSH-16 and District Priority Lab (IDSP) at Civil Hospital Manimajra
The residents of Chandigarh are requested to take following precautionary measures with regard to Malaria and Dengue.
Do’s & Don’ts for prevention & Control of Malaria & Dengue
Ø Do not allow water to stagnate in and around your houses.
Ø Remove water from coolers and other small containers at least once in a week.
Ø Always keep house top tank properly covered.
Ø Do not throw discarded containers, tyres, pitchers and pots on the roof top.
Ø Do not wear clothes that expose arms & legs.
Ø Use mosquito nets or mosquito repellents while sleeping.
Ø Avoid the use of Aspirin for Fever and Body Ache during dengue season